Sunday, November 22, 2009

'Tis the Season (almost)

There's so much to share with you about the weekend, but I'm still sorting through photos, so today I thought I'd post this image. I shot it a long time ago in Seattle at about this time of year. I think of it as a kind of prelude to the festive season......

I love this image because there is SO much going on and I think it kind of exemplifies post modernism. First of all, we've got our ubiquitous golden arches. Then we've got the ye olde horse and carriage driver offering festive rides in the crisp chilly air, hunkered down underneath a blanket. The driver is holding the reigns - poised and ready to ride. She's also talking on a cell phone. And i have to say that I loved that.

And while we're on the subject, you do realize that, as of American Thanksgiving this Thursday, I will legally be able to talk about the coming festive season without fear of being spat upon, right? Because nothing signals the start of Christmas more than the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.....

No comments:

Post a Comment