Tuesday, March 23, 2010

An Ode to His Nibs

You see this little guy here? This is Mister Man when he was just Mister Baby. He's pretty irresistible, don't you think?
Well here's something that made him even MORE irresistible. On Sunday morning, I had to get up for the film shoot at 4:15 a.m., after having tossed and turned most of the night (because I don't know about you, but I always have a hard time sleeping the night before a shoot). Mister Man COULD have stayed under the covers where life was toasty and comfy and truly beautiful. But do you know what he did? He got up with me and made me a coffee and a couple of scrambled eggs and toast. And then, when the jeans that I'd laid out to dry the night before were still damp, he took them down to the laundry room and put them in a dryer for 20 minutes. These small and simple gestures are a few of the reasons why I love him to bits.

I know you're thinking "I need one of him.." Well, to tell the truth, the world could use a little more Mister Man. Because he makes this place a better place to be.......

3 comments:

  1. With that sly gaze and carefully placed left hand, why do I get the feeling that Mister Man (Jr Version) is about to show off the tat on his shoulder in that shot?

    All hail Mister Man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This photo looks like a good candidate for Young Me/Now me! (www.zefrank.com/youngmenowme/)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @bunkle - I also wondered if he were about to embark on a toddler striptease.... though a tat on his shoulder is a much better image - particularly if it says "mother"

    @michele - I LOVE this site. Thank you!! It's brilliant and frightening and inspiring at the same time!

    ReplyDelete