Friday, August 13, 2010

The Last Lazy Weekend


Last weekend we had another kick at the can full o' lazy. We know that once we head back to Newfoundland next week, there'll be no lollygagging. Nope. We will be in full wedding mode - prepping, planning, receiving visitors, spending much anticipated time with friends and family on the rock and awaiting the arrival of the mainlanders. (that'd be everyone who's not from Newfoundland)

So when Tamara and Andrew said they were heading back to Ruby Lake for a weekend - well, let's just say that my duvet was in a suitcase in the blink of an eye.

Unfortunately, Mister Man had a man cold. I know what you're thinking: "HOW could I leave such a SICK person at home BY HIS OWN SELF????" He promised not to chew on the furniture or piddle on the floor and when I last laid eyes on him, he was wearing his "sick clothes" (a grey hoodie that he wears with the hood up as he hunkers down on a corner of the couch). It was sad to bid him adieu, but he really wanted to stay home!! And that is how I came to have the mondo king-sized bed ALL TO MY OWN SELF.

I must confess, it was a tad lonely up there. I missed his nibs!! In any event, we had fun from the time we hit the ferry line up (though we had reservations). I was taking a photo of Bayla (the dog) and Tamara tried to get her to look in the right direction. So instead of a photo of Bayla, I got a photo of Tamara's mitt!

Here's why we LOVE coming to Lynn and Bob's home away from home:

There were games. SCRABBLE!!!! (take THAT spelling bee. Take THAT!)

This is Tamara, holding up the scorecard. If I had zoomed in, you would see that we were tied. Even Steven. Neck and neck. I have a funny feeling that I might hear about this for some time to come!

There was the obligatory eating and the necessary drinking.

There was EVEN an attempt to rent Beaches at the local video store. (Poor Andrew. He was a solitary man in a sea of estrogen.... Lucky for him, the 17 year old store attendant looked it up on the computer and announced "We don't have anything that old!")

And of course, the cooking of the Saturday meal. This time, it was halibut tacos.

Tamara preps.

A secret ingredient.

The sous-chef

Game on!

Hello halibut!

Needless to say, we were all incredibly mellow by the time night started to fall.

And even though it was doing this when we left,

I think we'd all agree that we left Ruby Lake a little more rested, a little fuller, a little happier....

No comments:

Post a Comment