Monday, February 22, 2010

Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies


One of my people (though we've never met) is a blogger named Barry Parsons. Not only does he make ornate Victorian style gingerbread houses, but he hosts a blog called Rock Recipes (as in - recipes from "the Rock" AKA Newfoundland)

Always in search of something new to bring to the table, I found myself drawn to his Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies. I have to say that, if you enjoy the delicious taste of espresso and chocolate, you'll probably enjoy these. I realize that I've been a bit hung up with the chocolate/espresso combo of late, but I think it just speaks to my desire to merge two perfect worlds. (I promise I'll find a couple more new worlds in the coming weeks!) (Though can there ever REALLY be "too much chocolate"?) (Um. That was a rhetorical question...)

Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 1/4 cups butter
2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
3/ cup cocoa powder
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp instant espresso powder

Cream the butter and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and beat until well combined.

Sift together the cocoa, espresso powder, flour, baking soda and salt. Add the sifted stuff to the creamed stuff along with 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips. Mix well until a dough forms. Wrap the dough in plastic and refrigerate for a couple of hours or overnight. You want this dough nicely chilled.

Roll into 1 inch balls and then roll in sugar. Place about 2 inches apart on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment and bake for 8-10 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on the pan before putting them on a wire rack.

And soon - back to our regularly scheduled programming with blogs about a couple o' big events coming up this week!

1 comment:

  1. Your cookies look great missus! Wish I had one with my coffee this morning.

    Barry.

    ReplyDelete