Thursday, February 11, 2010

Wondrous Winter

I love living in Vancouver. I love the green grass that grows in February and I love the fact that a jean jacket was plenty warm in January.

That being said, I also kinda LOVED the winter I just experienced in the Yukon. It was crisp, clear, cold and absolutely gorgeous. Sure, I might not have loved it quite as much if the winds had been gusting to 40 kilometers an hour or if sleet had been slicing my skin like a ginsu knife. But that wasn't the case. It was simply glorious in the Yukon.

Walking around downtown Whitehorse is sort of like stepping back into the past.

And then there was the sun and the snow and the freshest air you've ever inhaled.

And, if you listen really hard, you can even hear the snow crunch underfoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment