Sunday, November 7, 2010

Montreal (Then and Now)

Greetings all people cruising around the blogosphere. While it may LOOK like I've fallen off the face of the earth, I was merely in Montreal for meetings last week and had a run in with a bad internet connection. I was staying in a drop-dead gorgeous hotel (the kind that features bath products by L'Occitaine, no less), but I didn't have wireless access in my room! How is that even possible? One could manage to get a wireless signal in the lobby, but not in any of the rooms. Who knew you could geo-block by floor? I suppose I could have written in the lobby, but I'm the kind of gal who prefers writing in her public diary wearing pj's and a tattered old shirt from some running event. That explains my radio silence.

But let me try to win you back by sharing some images of the September visit to Montreal when Mister Man and I dashed away for our 3 day honeymoon. This photo that Mister Man snapped with my iPhone pretty much sums up how I felt about it all.

First of all, we were staying in our friend Roy's very groovy and palatial pad. It was a perfect home base for us, presenting the perfect balance of practicality and luxury.

It's located in the heart of the downtown core, so we could essentially walk out our door and step into another world.

We strolled the streets and paused for libations and java and gorgeous treats.

We went to some AMAZING restaurants, and even played "uber tourist" one day, and took a carriage ride through the Old Port.

Okay, we didn't ride in the pink one. But we COULD have!

Montreal truly is a world class city.

There's history on these streets and in these buildings.

We spent some time in the Cathedral of Notre Dame and it took our breath away.

This also would have taken our breath away, had we enough courage and lack of good sense to spend the $75 beans for the privilege of being hoisted a hundred feet in the air to have lunch!

I'm not kidding you! The platform featured chairs that were mounted around a rectangular bar table. Waiters hovered around in the centre of the table serving you wine and lunch as you dangled from a piece of cable. Yeah - no....

But perhaps the thing that puzzled me most was this. All I can say is that this image has nothing to do with my experience of being hitched.....

My experience of it is more like this:

.... a loving and meaningful public declaration of partnership......

No comments:

Post a Comment