Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Most Delicious Fruit of the Season


Might I take this opportunity to introduce you to the most beautiful fruit in the world? I'm not talking strictly appearance, though it is a beautiful wash of pale yellow and red wrapped in a gorgeous tight smooth skin... I'm talking taste.

This is a nectarine. But not just ANY nectarine. Gentle readers, have you met the White Nectarine? Because if you have not, you must really drop everything and get thee to a produce stand ASAP. They are only in season for a short time. And you don't want to miss out on them, because they embody the truth of fruit.

This white nectarine is sweet and succulent beyond belief. It tastes like love. And summer. And maybe even the Summer of Love! (I don't actually know if this nectarine tastes like the summer of love because, though I am no spring chicken, I was practically an infant during the REAL Summer of Love ) It tastes like nectarines and peaches only WAY better.


[Sidebar note: I have never been a lover of peaches. The fuzzy skin makes my teeth recede into my head like a turtle in its shell. I find it entirely too creepy for words. I know I am not alone in this.]

Speaking of creepy, I have no idea why my fingers look like they've been soaking in beet juice in the above image. It's a tad strange I'll admit, because this is not the way my fingers appear in real life. The nectarine, however, looks EXACTLY as it did in real life before it went to its final resting place in my belly!!

No comments:

Post a Comment