Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Fond of Fondue

We were invited around to Shelley and Anthony's place on Sunday for dinner. We started with fabulous beverages that featured a colour not found in nature (which was good, because in the event of a power outage, we could have lit up the streets of Coquitlam!)

Mister Man took a spin on the scooter of the daughter of Shelley and Anthony. I loved the fact that the helmet was kind of like a cherry on top of his head.

And then we were joined by Lori and Shayne, which meant that we had some grand ol' belly laughs

Shelley and Anthony have a wall in their house that they've used as a growth chart over the years. We all took pause to check it out.

And to double check whether or not the wall was telling the truth.

And then? Oh my heart be still..... Then, we moved to the table where Anthony and Shelley had a feast waiting for us. A FONDUE feast.

Now, I've had a cheese or chocolate fondue over the years, but I have never experienced the joy of the hot oil fondue. Essentially, we all sat around and deep fried meat, chicken and vegetables for a couple of hours. And THEN we dipped them in a variety of lovely dips: peanut, curry, el diablo!, mushroom....

We were totally kicking it old school, and it was fine.

Oh my. OH MY!! One of my favourite moments of the night was when I snapped this photo of Anthony before dinner. Anthony is Dutch and he scraped his gilders together when he was a young man to buy the lovely portrait on his left. I think I love this photo most because it reminds me of a Dutch painting....

Fondue. Who knew? I'm pretty sure they must serve it in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment