- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 12 soft rolls
Set a heavy-based pot over medium-high heat and add a 3-count of olive oil. Add onions and saute for 2 to 3 minutes until translucent. Add ground turkey, season well with salt and pepper and brown well all over, breaking it up with a wooden spoon - about 7 to 10 minutes. Add ketchup, mustard, cayenne, brown sugar and tomato paste. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes.
May you enjoy this flash from the past as much as we did.