Sunday, May 2, 2010

May Days Mean Movies of the Documentary Variety...


It's May!! And with May comes one of my favourite festivals: The DOXA Documentary Film Festival. For 9 glorious days, I can see amazing documentary films from all over the world. This is a festival that I believe in with all my heart and soul. I was on the Board of Directors for 2 years, and this year I'm volunteering as a festival photographer. My first mission was to photograph the bus shelter DOXA posters around town. So today, Mister Man, Aileen and I set out to snap some great shots. Though we got rained out, I did manage to get a few under my belt before the risk of drowning was upon us.

Mister Man says this festival is synonymous with crying in a darkened theatre for days on end. I say it's always one of those fabulous eye opening experiences in which my world always expands by about a gazillion feet.

It's a blast and I can hardly wait to share it with you. And it starts in only 6 sleeps!!

No comments:

Post a Comment