Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Crazy Busy Times

Work has been chock o' block full (to the point of overflowing) lately, so I haven't had buckets of time on my hands. (Not that I'm complaining! I do love my job(s)!). In lieu of dazzling you with my usual wit and charm (HA!), I'm going to trawl through my recent photo files and put together a couple of photo-essay-addendums to our adventures of late.

The first features some of our favourite Americans: Paul and Lisa. We went for a lovely and relaxed breakfast at Paul's Omlettery (another Vancouver secret), where Mister Man dined on corned beef hash. Lisa and I split a couple of things, one of which was the "Zimmer", starring poached eggs on heavy duty rye toast, with a special guest appearance by alfalfa sprouts. It was surprisingly lovely.

Here are Mister Man and Lisa, mulling over their choices.

And then the camera is snatched from my hands by Mister Man, who then snaps this.

And this: (a word of warning - neither a person nor a salt shaker should come between a woman and her coffee on a holiday Monday morning. The result is NOT PRETTY.)

While my rising anxiety was not a sight for sore eyes, Lisa's contemplative gaze certainly was!

Post breakfast saw us take a stroll through Yaletown, where we got to see how the other half lives. One of the bonuses of having out of town visitors, is that you do spend time in other parts of your world - lazily whittling away the hours.... and THAT, gentle readers, looks a little something like THIS:

No comments:

Post a Comment