Thursday, April 15, 2010

Taking the Sting Out of Aging


Okay. We all know that aging MOSTLY sucks, what with the creaky bones, failing eyesight, grey hairs, saggy bits, women-whiskers, and inability to stay up past midnight. But the thing that takes the sting out of aging year after year, are our friends. These are the people who put up with our foibles, listen to us whine, help us when the going gets tough, kick our butts and pick us up when we fall. They laugh with us (and at us), and they love us (even if we're a big ol' germaphobe who bawls at Tim Horton commercials and secretly watches The Bachelorette). And when we're getting old and grey, they celebrate with us. I am incredibly lucky, because I have an abundance of really wonderful people in my life, including the running posse. So last weekend, I set out with the posse for dinner at The Water Street Cafe and it was fabulous.

There were the stories:

And there was a lovely meal with some girlie drinks,

And there were lovely, thoughtful presents, including these (in case you can't read the fine print, these are chocolate covered potato chips. Now that combination may not SOUND delicious, but I can assure you that it is.)

I am currently rationing them and have eaten only 1. When I've lost another 5 pounds, I'll eat another one. And so on. They are worth waiting for.

Finally, one of the things I most look forward to when it comes to birthday dinners with the running posse, is seeing which pair of shoes (or boots) our Jan is going to wear. The pair she's sporting in the picture below have hand crafted embroidery on them.

Yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment