Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Mister Man on a Mini Vacation

Mister Man has been working really hard lately, so he was finally able to take a couple of days off work. He's booked a cabin, on a lake, in the woods on an island. The cabin is without amenities, but it comes with a boat. And a dock. And a lake that is probably chock full o' fish. And a fridge for beer. And a BBQ. In short, it's ideal for him. He can rise with the sun and spend the days in his happy place. And you know what? He's been so fantastic and helpful of late, that I'm happy to give him my blessings and send him on his way with a wee bottle of Irish Whiskey tucked in his pack. Did I mention that he made me a pantry? Yup. I even have a before and after photo to share with you later!

So he's now packed up and ready to go first thing in the morning. I've chosen to share THIS photo with you, because, in his own words "I'm going all minimalist this time. I'm only taking 4 fishing rods out of 13!" This seems to make him proud.

I am currently making something lovely in our newly acquired slow cooker (which I am LOVING by the way). It's a lean and mean low-fat (but delicious) chili for Mister Man to take with him into the wilderness!

You see, I've been inspired by this gift that was given to me by a member of the running posse. I have more photos and stories about that to share with you tomorrow.

In the meantime, I'm getting ready to jet off to Calgary, where I get to hang out with my beautiful friend Mariette. We won't be roughing it. Not even for a second. And that, gentle reader, fills my princess heart with light. I can hardly wait to blog about it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment