Monday, April 19, 2010

Winding Down With the Wild Beasts


Mariette and Brian have 2 dogs named Frankie and Sammy. They're pretty dang cute. When we came home from that amazing dinner at Farm on Saturday night, Brian started playing the guitar, while Mariette and I lay draped over the king-sized bed like 2 groupies past their prime. The dogs decided it was a perfect time to unwind, and began the chase of the century, sprinkled with bouts of knock 'em out fighting action. I felt like I was on the set of an Ultimate Fight Challenge show, with pint sized contestants who weren't going to lose gracefully.

Clash O' The Titans:

Featuring Samm the flying dog:

And Frankie the jaw breaker:

Doesn't Frankie look like he should pull a stogie out of his pocket next, then shake your hand, and ask for your vote?

Love nibble or death blow?

Wondering what would his person do?

After the fight was over. The wee doggies chilled out.

And really, at the end of the day, from a dog's point of view, what could be sweeter than your person's love?

5 comments:

  1. YAY BEASTS!! Those are wonderful photos, Teri! What an eye, what skill. Thanks sharing them. Glad you made it home safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mariette, thank YOU for such a fabulous weekend, starring great friends, fantastic food and wild beasts. They are both photogenic don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you!

    Yes they are both very cute, but I think that has a lot to do with the brilliant photographer too!!! You have such capacity. I promise, I will practice what you taught me this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And then we'll move on to lesson 2! Shutter speed!! Oh the fun we'll have snappin' away..... I miss you too! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome shots, Teri!!! I love watching dogs wrestle. Jackson and Spencer haven't been wrestling lately; however, if they start it up again, I'd love for you to capture their theatrics: Jackson getting pulled along by the fur on his chest; Spencer being blinded by Jackson's big, white tail and being kicked in the face. It's all so much fun!

    ReplyDelete