Saturday, July 11, 2009

Vancouver Secrets (Part 1 of ...Many!)


A couple of weeks ago, I set out on a bike ride with a group of fabulous women.  It was a gentle, reward-oriented ride (read: food and/or beverage being consumed at some point(s) along the way). 

Along for the 20 + kilometre pedal were:  Diyan (amazing artist); Mini Proportions (check out an old blog post of hers that will reveal why we love her so darn much); the Lovely Lara who, despite her endearing smile is a holy terror when it comes to board games;  Wee Sarah (also amazing artist); and Annie (soon to have another blog once a most excellent name has been discovered).

We set out from Science World and headed to Jericho Beach where we paused briefly to take in the banana bread and the sights. I’ll be blogging about (and maybe even FROM) the Vancouver Folk Music Festival next weekend which happens smack dab in the middle of Jericho Park. 

Oh Jericho, how I love thee!!

Banana bread and breasts gentle reader - banana bread and breasts!! And what, I wonder, is the reason for Lovely Lara's reaction below? 

And then as we toodled home we came upon the REAL reason for the ride – lunch at Go Fish, just off Granville Island. We arrived at about 11:45 and there was already a line up (it opens at 11:30). The line up wasn’t speedy by any means, but we were patient and it was most certainly worth the wait.

Lovely Lara sports a bit of a shiner due to a run in with a softball. Wee Sarah has gone off in search of a coffee.

Upon her return (and upon seeing these snaps) Wee Sarah was puzzled by her unwillingness to remove her helmet. I love this photo regardless... there's no better combo than photogenic women and photogenic surroundings!!

I ordered the fish tacone (salmon) and Oh. My. God. It was delicious.  Mini P ordered the fish and chips (pictured above, and certainly my source of "food envy du jour"). This is now on my list of things that must go in my mouth sometime in the near future.

So if you’re out and about in the coming months, and you find yourself near Granville Island.... And if you’re hungry, and you don’t mind a bit of a line up, I suggest you check out Go Fish, because it is quite simply…. Yummy. You might even see me there, hunkered over a basket of fish and chips, and looking (with envy) at what's on your plate....

No comments:

Post a Comment