Friday, November 27, 2009

True Confession (Please Don't Judge Me.....)

Okay. It's been on heck of a week. On Wed, I was still doing work that should have been done LAST FRIDAY! My brain feels like it's been vacuumed out of my right ear and is now sitting upon my desk staring up at me, vacant and blinking....

So this morning, I showered, guzzled the java that Mister Man delivered to my bedside (yes, you did read that correctly), and poured my one cup of RIDICULOUSLY healthy cereal. This is NOT delicious like Captain Crunch or Fruit Loops or anything silly and containing colours or flavours not found in nature. No sirree. THIS cereal has 13 grams of fibre per serving and very little sugar. It sort of tastes like the box (though perhaps I was just being crabby this morning). But it's a good way to start the day.

Anyway, I did as I always do, and poured my 1/2 cup of 1 % milk on the Fibre 1 Cereal (note the distinct lack of sexiness in the name of said cereal). And THEN, as I was about to close the door of the fridge, something caught my eye.

Oh yes. Oh yes I did. I added about 1 tablespoon of eggnog to my cereal. And you know what? IT. WAS. DIVINE. DIVINE I TELL YOU!!!

The only question that remains is this: how in hell's name am I supposed to resist temptation over the next 5 weeks? I know - I know - I could just not BUY the eggnog in the first place. But doesn't that fly in the face of holiday tradition? I dunno. That just seems so DRASTIC. And down right UN-festive! On the other hand, how bad could ONE TEENY TABLESPOON of eggnog truly be? I mean, isn't that a source of protein?

On the sunny side, it is now November 27th. As the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade has now come and gone, legally, I can deck the halls, read festive magazines, plan baking-paloozas and spell-sing Christmas carols to my heart's content. And I truly plan to take advantage of this. I'm breakin' out the ticky-tacky Santa tea pot with the matching cream & sugar set, and having myself a big ol' festive tea party! Ho, ho and HO!

2 comments:

  1. Ha! At lease you got the "honey clusters" version - I face the original, no-honey, dry twig version in the mornings (like eating hay, it makes me understand the purpose of our "grinding" molars... ;). My solution? Yoghurt and frozen blueberries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bunkle - HOLY! I have looked at the "UN-honey clustered" box and shuddered with dread. You are clearly hard core! I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete