Saturday, November 7, 2009

You Tell Me, Over and Over and Over Again My Friend..... (sing that loudly) (preferably while driving through a massive weather system).


You tell me
Over and over and over again my friend,
You don't believe,
We're on the eve of destruction

I have to tell you that the lyrics to the Barry McGuire song were the ones that tickled the tip of my tongue as we drove towards Seattle yesterday afternoon. Because THIS is what we drove through last night. And I'm not even kidding.

I seriously had to keep looking over my shoulder to see if we were being passed by the four horsemen of the apocalypse. Because I could have SWORN that it felt like the world was ending.

This was hail. The sounds that accompanied the hail were thunder, and the sound of Mister Man giving me heck for using the flash to capture the golf sized chunks of ice that came pouring from above. (I didn't see what the big deal was with using the flash for one measly photo... sheesh...)

There was lightning too (but unfortunately, my reflexes are nearly as quick as Mother Nature's, so I wasn't able to capture it.)

However, the "Jello 1-2-3" sky says it all. That, my friends, is SURELY what the apocalypse will look like....

I should mention that once we arrived, the weather calmed down and we proceeded into the night with the promise of excellent adventures hanging in the air.

Film at 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment