Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A 3 month revelation

I started this blog because, after years of working in the arts on the creative side, I started a real job 3 years ago. And it is a GREAT real job. I work with great (and real) people on great (and real) projects. And I get paid to do it! I know that I'm incredibly lucky.

But sometimes I get a hankerin' to make my own stuff. If I were 21 again, I'd probably be doing that with a lot of gusto (and more gusto than I can currently muster, for sure). And while I still do the odd project from time to time, I miss solving the problems of the world on a regular basis through creative thinking.

When I thought about some of the things I like to do (read, write, bake, make photographs and pontificate), I thought that a blog might be something to keep my fingers in creative pies so to speak. And it might be one of those truly rare cases where one size DOES fit all. (or maybe, more accurately, one size fits all with computer access). And so exactly 3 months ago, I started this blog.

And here's the thing. To those of you who have been reading, and commenting, and tuning in regularly (or even from time to time) - I. REALLY. APPRECIATE. IT. More than you might know... There are many days when I get excited about the part of the day in which I get to sit down and write. Mister Man likes to point and say "blog face - blog face!!" - and I imagine it's a face that has a wee smile at the corner of the mouth, a sparkle in the eyes, and a bit of a furrowed brow as I worry about bastardizing the English language. (It's hard to have so many smart, grammar-savvy friends)!

Some of you I know. Some of you I know incredibly well! Some of you I've met. And I think there might even be a couple of people who've tagged along whom I've not ever met.

So I just wanted to say right here and right now: thank you.

And to my friends who've allowed me to point a camera in their face to the point of absolute annoyance - thank YOU. Because without you and our adventures together, life would be a pretty dull and bland place.

That's all. I just needed you to know that I'm really glad you're along for the ride. Because I, for one, am really, REALLY loving it. (And we know how I feel in general about rides....)

Kisses and hugs from Sugarlove Girl

3 comments:

  1. The madding crowd of followers thanks you too!! My only challenge is quelling my jealousy (particularly directed at consumers of cookies and your ability to take truly fantastic photos).

    here's to month 4!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Bunkle... Thanks for your kind words and I promise you there are sugarlove cookies in your future!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, sugarplum. We love you too. And I love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete