Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Blueberry-Banana Sorbet

If you've dropped by in the last couple of days, you might remember that in Mister Man's delirium and sickness, he requested some blueberry sorbet. (Okay, *technically* I asked him if he wanted me to make him some fruity sorbetto and he weakly replied "blueberry?".)

I may be one crappy nurse, but it was about time to make good on my summer promise of making fruity sorbettos with my Kitchen Aid ice cream maker attachment thingie. Plus, bonus points for getting Mister Man to ingest antioxidants, vitamin B6 and vitamin C! It might even help soothe his scratchy throat.....
So of course, I turned to David Lebovitz, because the only book you really need when it comes to the making of the ice cream, fruity sorbetto, sherbet, granita and such, is The Perfect Scoop.

I can say that this sorbet is so darn easy to make, you pretty much just lay the ingredients on the counter and it makes itself!
Look:
1 banana
2 cups blueberries
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon or lime
Put it all in a food processor or blender and puree it until it's smooth (but still sporting blueberry bits for a nice accent). Chill thoroughly and then prepare according to the instructions of your ice cream maker.
Easy. And best of all? Even a bad patient will respond in a perky manner to the lovely flavour (after you hold him down on the couch and FORCE him to eat it, that is.)
(Okay. Really, I'm kidding about the force feeding. And he did actually perk up when he tasted it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment