Saturday, September 26, 2009

Yesterday

Yesterday seemed to blast right by:

And there we were late at night - having baked a double batch of lemon squares (recipe and photos to come,) and eaten a wonderful meal prepared by Annie and Lara in our own wee kitchen, after which we battled our way through another killer game of Catan. And then bed was beckoning so that I could leap up bright and early this morning to attend a board retreat for a non profit organization with whom I volunteer. And yes, it seemed to go by at that kind of pace, so blogging wasn't in the cards.

As I type this, I'm waiting for a butter pastry to chill so that I can prepare a chocolate pie for tomorrow's dinner with Space Girl and Shayne. The last pastry I made was of the shortening variety, so I'm branching into new territory. I'll have much to report I promise.

In the meantime, I did want to share this with you. When I stepped off the seabus yesterday after a lovely brisk walk from work, Mister Man was waiting for me at Lonsdale Quay, with these in his arms. Aren't they beautiful? They made for a perfect cap on a busy day....

No comments:

Post a Comment